Bangsamoro Halal Dish
with Maria Fhebie Ortil
Juicy and flavorful curry clams with savory curry sauce.
This clam recipe is a food favorite, and can be made at home.
Clam is one of my favorite seafoods. Imagine fresh, succulent and briny clams cooked with curry powder and seasonings, and then grilled on a flat griddle.
As I have said earlier, curry clam recipe can be easily replicated at home.
This clam recipe calls for simple ingredients:
- Manila clams or mussels (Tahong), cherry stone clams or any hard-shelled clams
- Curry powder
- Oyster sauce
- Chili sauce
You can use just about any clams like Manila clams, or mussels (Tahong).
The sweet and briny taste of clams or mussels and the aromatic curry powder deliver a wonderful taste and flavor.
Curry clams wrapped with banana leaves. Curry-flavored clam is a popular food—delicious, spicy, and addictive. Easy curry clams recipe.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes; COOK TIME: 20 minutes. TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb. (0.6 kg) manila clams or mussels
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce or chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, or to taste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- Rinse clams with cold water thoroughly, scrub the shells, drain the water, and set aside.
- Heat up the pan on medium heat, add the cooking oil and stir fry the onion until slightly. Add the clams into the pan and start stirring. As soon as the clams start to open, add curry powder, turmeric powder, hot sauce/chili sauce, oyster sauce, water and stir well with the clams. Cover the pan with its lid and cook for a few minutes or until all clams are open.
- Add scallions, stir to combine well. Dish out and serve immediately.