BANGSAMORO HALAL DISH
with Maria Fhebie Ortil
Good Friday morning to all. The Bangsamoro Halal Cuisine which is now in Volume 2, Number 24 issue of the Philippine Muslim Today would like to deviate from our usual topics of food recipes as long as it is Halal in nature.
Hence for this week, I would like to discuss with you the Japanese Easy Cheese Tart recipe. It is with buttery tart shells and rich filling. These creamy Japanese cheese tarts are delicious and addictive, with flaky shells and a gooey cream cheese filling.
Listed below are the easy to find ingredients as well as the easy to follow instructions which anyone can easily make it at home.
* 8 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup powdered (icing) sugar
* 1 egg yolk
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
* 1 cup cream cheese
* 3 tablespoons powdered (icing) sugar
* 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
* 1 teaspoon corn starch
1. Cut the butter into small cubes. Combine flour, sugar, and butter in the mixing bowl and beat them with an electric whisk until crumbs form.
2. Whisk the egg yolk into the mixture, and knead them into a dough with your hand. Keep kneading the dough until smooth.
3. Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
4. Take a small portion of the dough and press it into a 2.6-inch tart mold evenly. Cut off the excess dough from the edge with a knife and prick the bottom with a fork. (Repeat the exact instructions for the rest of the eight shells.)
5. Bake the shells for 15 minutes.
6. Let the tart shells cool completely before removing them from the molds.
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
1. Soften the cream cheese at room temperature and mix well with sugar in a bowl. Mix and fold the ingredients constantly until smooth with a spatula. Add the heavy whipping cream to the mixture in 3 portions, keep stirring until well combined. Finally, add the corn starch and mix well.
2. Fill the piping bag with the mixture and pipe it into the shells. Freeze the cheese tarts for 4 hours until firm.
BAKE THE CHEESE TARTS
1. Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C)
2. Brush the frozen cheese tarts with egg wash.
3. Bake the cheese tarts for 15 minutes.