Assalaamo ‘aleikom wa rahmatollaahi wa barakaatoh.
PHILIPPINE MUSLIM TODAY is primarily aimed to be a national strong media entity encompassing the traditional print (hard copy) as well as the digital and online media platforms wherein independent Muslim journalists and Muslim thinkers supported by the Muslim community and non-Muslim sympathizers are united for the common good.
It will operate as a non-government and non-political organization under the laws of the Philippines adhering to press freedom and the freedom of expression and respecting international laws.
I am motivated to initiate this noble program with the support of my colleagues who are respected journalists and thinkers in their own rights for the following objectives:
- As a unifying factor of all Muslim journalists and media practitioners in the Philippines irrespective of tribe, social standing/outlook in life, or political affiliation and persuasion.
- To be a voice of the Muslims in the mainstream media, on the one hand, and as reliable source of information, on the other.
- To help strengthen the Muslim solidarity in this country and elsewhere for their own common good and welfare.
This may sound easier said than done especially if the idea comes from an unknown journalist like me, but there is no harm in trying. It is better to start something in this field than do none at all.
The following renowned Muslim personalities have answered the call and joined this noble group as Interim Board of Editors:
- AMBASSADOR MACABANGKIT B. LANTO
- COMMISSIONER NASSER A. MAROHOMSALIC
- BENJ S. BANGAHAN, MD.
- ABDUL HANNAN TAGO
- JOHNNY R. LEE, PhD.
- JULMUNIR I. JANNARAL, JD.
- ALI M. MACABALANG
- ALLAN AFDAL NAWAL
- DEAN MASIDING NOOR YAHYA
AD INTERIM INITIAL EDITORIAL STAFF:
- MASIDING NOOR YAHYA – Acting Publisher & Acting Editor-In-Chief
- JULMUNIR I. JANNARAL – Acting Managing Editor & Metro Manila News Bureau Chief
- ALI G. MACABALANG – News Editor & Chief of Correspondents
- KIM BAGUNDANG – Acting Bangsamoro Region Bureau
- ROCAYA SUMNDAD OTICAL – Acting Lanao Areas Bureau Chief
- MARK EDRIEL ORTIL – Cartoonist
- SAID AHMAD BASHER – Acting Religious Affairs Adviser
- FILEMON G. ROMERO – Acting In-Charge of Environment
- DR. JOHNNY R. LEE – Acting In-Charge of Tourism
- FATIMA ORTIL-JANNARAL – Acting Advertising Sales Director
- MEHOL K. SADAIN – Senior Columnist
The Board of Editors is different from the Board of Directors. The Ad-interim Board of Editors shall take the cudgel for the initial organizational set-up of the Philippine Muslim Today. It shall also take charge of the initial news, editorial and other contents of Philippine Muslim Today especially at its infant stage when its blog and digital maiden issue is launched.
The Board of Directors who shall be elected by the entire membership in a meeting called fo the purpose shall be the policy-making body of the organization with certain powers as provided by its By-Laws, Articles of Incorporation, other rules and regulations.
It is hoped that once the pandemic virus is gone, we can hold our first general membership meeting in order to determine who will be members of the Board of Directors, other officers, and the Board of Editors headed by the editor-in-chief who will automatically sit as vice chairman of the Board of Directors.
In the meantime, and in consultation with majority of the interim Board of Editors, in order for us to keep on moving for the start, the undersigned will sit as Interim Editor-in-Chief.
Please feel free to get in touch for any query or clarification.
MASIDING NOOR YAHYA
Founder/Editor-In-Chief, Ranao Star Philippines
Correspondent, The Manila Times
Phone: 09477201555 / 09152184388
Click the Edit link to make changes to this page or add another page.